Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Art Journal - my first one ever!


I have always struggled with thinking I was an artist. I took art at secondary school for a while
and it didn't really flow for me. I think that was when I concluded that I wasn't an artist.
That of course is a very narrow perspective on being an 'artist.' Now I appreciate that there are many ways one can be considered to be an artist.

I see some of the lovely needlework that Mum did in younger days. It is truly a work of art. She also painted. Particularly flowers. Her handwritimg was a work of art. I don't think I have ever seen such beautiful writing as hers.
Since I am my mothers daughter, I'm hoping I have inherited some of Mum's talents. I am encouraged by this. Thankyou Mum.


I have been creating an art/inspirational journal this year. It is very therapeutic. It has given me much pleasure. Even though it is nearly falling apart, it has been most enjoyable .
I have never done one before. I hope you can see a little of what is in it.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I too have always had a hard time using the label artist, it made me feel pretentious. But it is really just a descriptive word for someone who creates and I have learned to use it proudly. Your journal is beautiful. Making one of these is on my someday to do list:>)

    ReplyDelete